NLP – discover the brilliance in you
© Jorgan Harris. jorganharris.co.za
1. What is NLP?
NLP is the abbreviation for the communication model known as Neuro-Linguistic Programming.
It is the magic ingredient that has until now been missing in all motivational and interpersonal relationship training. NLP will help you establish a relationship within the first three minutes of contact, to maximise the interaction and improve your self-confidence.
But what is it really?
- NLP is an attitude. It is a curiosity and a willingness to experiment.
- NLP is a method. It is a scientific method to explain certain things about humanity.
- NLP is a set of techniques we are using in therapy.
- NLP is also an art.
NLP has 5 ingredients:
- NLP is the art of personal excellence.
- NLP is the science of personal excellence.
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) is a new approach to understanding the process of human communication.
- NLP is interested in the way individuals retrieve information (from the outside world) and make sense out of it. While touching may communicate a message quickly and effectively for one individual, sounds or pictures may be more effective for another person. The sensory modality through which they receive the information determines the impact it has on that individual.
- The final and most powerful ingredient – the subconscious mind. The subconscious mind is responsible for all the magic.
With NLP, you can be and have whatever you want, for instance:
- You can become more persuasive and assertive.
- You can start to enjoy and excel in communication – whether up front communication, or one on one.
- You can start doing amazing things with everyday language to help you achieve your objectives and goals.
- You can start to take control of how you feel at important times.
- You can draw on your successes or good feelings in the past, your natural skills and apply them whenever you want.
- You can draw on the behaviour and skill of other people you admire and would like to model.
2. Application of NLP in your life
You can apply NLP in practically any area of your life, whether it be in your professional or personal life. As mentioned before: NLP is a way of living.
With NLP, you can:
- motivate people;
- persuade people;
- ending conflicts and personality clashes;
- create win-win situations;
- co-coordinate effective meetings;
- handle office politics;
- overcome resistance to change;
- create clear, convincing communications;
- change hardened attitudes;
- achieve wonderful things with everyday communication, in a one-to-one communication or in groups; take control over your emotions when it is important;
- utilise your experiences, achievements and good feelings of the past in the here and now in order to achieve your goals;
- improve your studies;
- enhance your spirituality;
- sell yourself or your product better.
What is the difference that makes the difference?
Welcome to the weird, wacky and wonderful world of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), the key to your brilliance!
NLP can change your life completely. It is a wonderful instrument to a complete change. I have seen so many times how people’s lives can change irrevocably and permanently in an instant.
I have seen so many times how people’s lives have been changed within seconds and it happens so easily and quickly.
This too can happen to you – easily, quickly and effortlessly.
3. How NLP can help you
- NLP can help you with practical guidelines to live your life by.
- NLP can help you with proper goal setting- how to set your goals. It may range from personal to life goals.
- It can help you communicate sufficiently. Communication is the key to all our success. NLP helps you to communicate effectively and brilliantly in order to achieve your goals. You will also be able to read people by using all your skills, to take charge of communication by using your newly achieved skills in order to achieve your goals.
- You can learn so much about your personal power and to take control of any and every situation.
- You can build a brilliant relationship with other people within three minutes. Within three minutes, you will be able to do whatever you want to do and have people eating out of you hand.
- You can learn to control your own way of thinking to overcome your own limited thinking as well as the thinking of the person you are in interaction with.
- You can be a winner. We are going to discover ways of taking control over your emotions and within you can take control over your life – whether it involves the present, past or the future. You can learn to instantly get rid of all negative feelings and emotions, to convert them, within seconds, to positive emotions, feelings and thoughts.
- You can achieve a brilliant self-esteem.
- You can assert yourself brilliantly.
NLP is indeed the difference that makes the difference.